Do I need to do any work prior to the competition day?
- You will receive background information to review before the competition day, but no work is needed to be done prior to the day
How do I find a team?
- Participants will be placed into randomly assigned teams on the day of the event
Do I have to be a marketing major in order to participate?
- No. As long as you’re interested in applying your skills and coursework to solve a marketing problem, you’re welcome to join! Past participants have represented a variety of majors as well as class years.
What kind of guidance will I have during the competition?
- Marketing professionals will be available for you to talk with and ask questions. While they won’t tell you what to do, they can help you think through the case. You’ll also meet the client and have the opportunity to ask them questions.
Do I have to be a member of AMA to compete?
- No, members and non-members are welcome to participate
Will I have the chance to meet marketing professionals?
- Yes! We will have a speed networking session with AMA Triangle members who have a variety of backgrounds.
Where is Marketing Jam taking place this year?
- The event is 100% virtual this year via Hopin
What is Hopin?
- Hopin is a virtual venue with multiple interactive areas that are optimized for connecting and engaging
How much does Marketing Jam cost?
- $10 for AMA members (a code has been provided to your Chapter President + advisor) and $15 for non-members
I’m not a member. Where can I get info on how to join AMA?
- Visit this page for info on student memberships and benefits. We’d love to have you join!
For additional questions, please contact Nicole at, firstname.lastname@example.org