AMA Triangle Mentor Program
Looking to grow professionally?
There’s no better time to join our Mentorship Program!
Gain access to key opinion leaders and top marketing talent through unparalleled networking opportunities with the AMA Triangle’s Mentorship Program while experiencing everything the AMA has to offer! In addition to program perks, you’ll gain access to seminars, job fairs, Luncheons, conferences, webinars, networking events and more whether you’re a member or not!
Why Become a Protégée?
The value of a mentor who can help cultivate leadership skills one-on-one in real-time, reduce the anxiety in taking big steps, and focus leaders on achieving their goals – is huge. The power of a mentor who can provide a different perspective, relate different leadership experiences, and ask a different set of questions is critically important.
- Gain invaluable knowledge and experience to advance your career
- Choose a mentor from a variety of industries to best suit your needs
- Enhance your confidence
- Challenge yourself to set higher goals, take risks and achieve at higher levels
- Receive Individual recognition, encouragement and professional advice
- Learn/enhance leadership and interpersonal skills
- Gain an insider’s perspective on navigating your career
- Exposure to diverse perspectives, experiences and resources
- Grow your personal network
- Join as an AMA member or non-member*
Why Become a Mentor?
Mentoring can benefit you as much or more than it benefits your mentee. Mentoring is a two-way street where both participants give and take, learn and grow; and enhance their professional skills.
- Gain fresh perspective
- Build valuable, long-lasting relationships while expanding your network
- Support and foster the next generation, leaving your legacy
- Contribute to your own personal and professional growth
- Gain exposure to new/emerging talent pools
- Gain personal satisfaction and distinction as a role model
- Enhance your coaching, leadership, management, and recruiting skills
- Help emerging professionals develop to their potential
- Join as an AMA member or non-member
Sound Good to You?
- Program Dates:
- Full Program (Fall): October – June (8 months)
- 1/2 Program (Spring): February – June (4 months)**
- Mentor/Protégé pairs MUST attend 2 additional programs (1 luncheon and 1 social) outside of the required Kick-off social, Mid-Year Check-In and Program Graduation events.
- Regular meetings: Pairs will decide how frequently they want to meet and will hold each other accountable to the agreed upon standard. If this agreement is broken or either party wishes to discontinue the relationship, pairs may dissolve the relationship and join a new math during the Mid-Year Check-In.
- Member – Free
- Non-member professional – $50
- Non-member collegiate – $20
- Member- Free
- Non-member- Free
- Mentors must have at least 5 years continuous, professional experience
- Applicants can be both a mentor and a protégée within the same program.
- Fee’s must be collected in full for Non-member protégé’s (collegiate and professional) at time of application.
How to Apply:
- Apply before September 30th to start this fall
- Apply before Jan 31st to start this spring (College students only)**
After we receive your information and deposit, expect:
- A confirmation email with details about the program and next steps.
- An invitation to our kick-off networking social in October where you’ll meet your potential pair.
Questions? Need suggestions along the way?
We’re here to help!
* Protégée non-member fee will apply
** Collegiate ½ program only