The Marketing Jam competition provides university students an opportunity to participate in an interactive, real-world simulation by addressing a business problem with a marketing solution. Working in teams, students will develop a presentation and submit collateral pitching their creative solution to the business issues presented by the client.
On competition day, students will be placed into teams with students from other universities, and will be introduced to the client and team mentor, a marketing professional. Teams will receive materials on site. The winning team has the option to present at the High Five Conference on February 28, 2018 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Note: The competition itself will take place at Walk West, 1730 Varsity Drive, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC.
- October 1 – Application goes live. Application link is at the bottom of this page.
- February 16 – Applications due.
- February 20 – Admission notification.
- February 24 – Competition at Walk West, 1730 Varsity Drive, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC.
- February 28 – Winning team presents at the High Five Conference.
Additional details on the client will be released as they become available. The actual business challenge and supplementary documents will be made available to students selected for the competition.
Interested students should complete and submit the application by February 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. Accepted applicants will be notified by February 20, 2018. Upon acceptance, students will have three days to confirm competition participation (refer to timeline). Final competition participants will then receive further details on the clients and business challenges.
Competition Perks & Awards
- $2,000 for winning team
- Attend a professional marketing conference
- Network with professionals and students in a growing business community
- Build tangible skills to strengthen your resume
- Gain relevant experiences for your professional background
- Participate in the AMA Triangle Mentor Program
- & more!
- Undergraduate university students in the Triangle & Piedmont regions of North Carolina
- The competition is open to the following majors:
- Public Relations
For more information or questions please contact email@example.com.