CONNECT & INSPIRE
Mentorship Program Home Page>Program Details
- Full Program (Fall): October 2018 – October 2019 (12 months)
- 6-Month Program (Spring): April 2019 – October 2019 (6 months)
The program will run for twelve months from October 2018 through October 2019. To accommodate undergraduate schedules and new applicants, there will be a select number of openings available for a six-month, mid-year program running from April 2019 – October 2019.
- Mentors must have at least 5 years continuous, professional experience.
- Collegiate-level protégés should be undergraduates in their senior year with an interest in marketing or a related field.
- Professional-level protégés should have a minimum of one year of industry experience (regardless of age or education).
- If applicable, applicants can be both a mentor and a protégé within the same program.
- Program fees are due at the time of submission. Please ensure your application is complete and all materials are accounted for prior to submissions.
As a membership benefit, CONNECT & INSPIRE is free-of-charge for all AMA Triangle Protégés. For professional-level, non-member protégés, a $70 non-refundable fee will be due upon acceptance into the program, whereas a $40 non-refundable fee will be due for collegiate-level protégés.*
- Member: Free
- Non-member professional: $70
- Non-member collegiate: $40
- Member: Free
- Non-member: Free
- AMA Triangle will host nine events for CONNECT & INSPIRE members throughout the year, including kick-off, mid-year and graduation events to celebrate mentor/protégé pairs.
- In addition to CONNECT & INSPIRE events, pairs will also enjoy access to a variety of AMA and mentorship-related events, luncheons, job fairs, educational sessions, tutorials and more.
- The 2018-2019 CONNECT & INSPIRE leadership team will host a program kick-off event on Wednesday, October 24, 2018. Invitations will be distributed following acceptance into the program.
- Mentor/protégée matching is conducted under a 3-point system, including: credentials, goals, and personality. This allows for maximum compatibility and impact.
- Mentor/Protégé Speed Dating: A key component of any working relationship is compatibility. In our Mentor/Protégé Speed Dating event, participants will have the opportunity to gauge their compatibility with their new potential match in a fun, relaxed environment.
- Our mid-year and three-quarter-year check-ins are designed to give our participants 1:1 attention to ensure that mentor/protégé pairs are on track and goals are successfully being met.
- During this time, any unresolved issues that have arisen may be dealt with or mentor/protégé pairs may switch partners and amicably dissolve their relationship.
Flexible Schedules and Accountability:
- Regular meetings: Pairs will decide how frequently they want to meet and will hold each other accountable to the agreed upon standard, allowing for maximum flexibility.
- If this agreement is broken or either party wishes to discontinue the relationship, pairs may dissolve the relationship and form new partnerships during CONNECT & INSPIRE Check-Ins.
* Upon acceptance into the program, a welcome email will be sent out explaining how to submit your payment.