Panel Will Feature Exclusive Marketing Insights from the Triangle’s Leading Female Executives
Get ready for a few of the area’s female marketing powerhouses to drop some serious knowledge. On Thursday, May 17th, the American Marketing Association’s Triangle Chapter will host its first-ever signature event, the CMO She-Suite Panel. Taking place from 6 to 9 p.m. at Brier Creek Country Club, the event will kick off with an hors d’oeuvres mixer followed by a panel featuring chief marketing officers from the technology, service, consumer goods and destination sectors.
Event guests can look forward to gaining exclusive industry insights on everything from key marketing trends to effective ROI measurement to the latest audience connection strategies. Additionally, the panelists will offer perspectives on what it takes to be a leader and share their journeys to the C-Suite. The CMO She-Suite Panel will include the following top-level executives:
- Susan Amey, chief marketing officer at Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau – Bringing more than 25 years of marketing and business leadership experience, Amey joined the Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau in 2016. She held previous leadership roles in product development and marketing, and portfolio management in a broad range of market-leading organizations, including the American Institute of CPAs, Steelcase and Black & Decker.
- Linh Calhoun, chief marketing officer at Replacements, Ltd. – In this role, Calhoun is responsible for driving revenue, enhancing the customer experience and leading the strategic evolutions of the world’s largest retailer of vintage and current dinnerware and collectibles. Her extensive career includes marketing leadership positions at VIETRI, Ross Simons, Staples, L.L. Bean and Pace Communication’s e-commerce division.
- Sallyann Hulick, chief marketing officer at BSA LifeStructures – Hulick oversees and directs all marketing initiatives for the firm, and leads the organization to utilize branding, talent and expertise to drive business growth. With more than 20 years of experience, her expertise lies in strategy development, leadership, branding and profitability.
- Maria Bartolome Winans, chief marketing officer at IBM North America and Canada – Winans leads all aspects of marketing for IBM with responsibility for client experience, engagement and the health of the IBM brand in the North American regions. Prior to this role, she served as the global chief marketing officer for IBM Watson Customer Engagement, where she was responsible for managing the global marketing strategy for solutions that enable business leaders in marketing, commerce and supply chain disciplines.
- Angela Connor, vice president, business development and audience engagement at Gelia, Inc. – As a former journalist and marketing agency veteran, Connor will serve as the panel moderator. In her current role, she is charged with delivering Gelia’s advanced suite of marketing solutions in the Triangle, as well as building on her reputation for client service and success shepherding brands through the ever-evolving media industry.
“People tend to think there is this linear path for getting to the C-Suite, but there’s really no such thing,” explained Connor. “We all take our twists and turns. The important thing is to open that door when opportunity knocks. Young women today really need to see that they can get there, and that’s the primary message we plan to emphasize throughout the She-Suite Panel.”
Guests will not only benefit from the panelists’ personal leadership stories, but also a series of tactical and strategic tips for career growth and making it to top executive levels. Get a sneak preview of the panelists by visiting AMA Triangle’s YouTube channel to watch this video. To register for the May 17th event, visit CMO She-Suite Panel online registration.