The Marketing Jam competition provides university students an opportunity to participate in an interactive, real-world simulation by addressing a business problem with a marketing solution. Working in teams of four, students will have up to 48 hours to develop a presentation and submit collateral pitching their creative solution to the business issues presented by the client.
Prior to the competition, selected students will be placed into teams with students from other universities, be introduced to the client, and meet their team mentor, a marketing professional. The 48-hour competition preparation period will take place the weekend of February 23, 2018 and the presentations will occur at the High Five Conference on February 28, 2018 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Timeline (Timeline subject to change — check back for updates)
- October 1 – Application goes live.
- December 1 – Applications due.
- January 5 – Admission notification.
- Early February – Team, client, and mentor introduction networking session. Date and location TBD.
- The weekend of February 23rd – Team collaboration weekend.
- February 28 – Pitch presentation.
Additional details on the client will be released as they become available. The actual business challenge and supplementary documents will be made available to students selected for the competition.
Interested students should complete and submit the application by December 1, 2017 at 12:00 PM EST. Accepted applicants will be notified by January 5, 2018. Upon acceptance, students will have seven days to confirm competition participation (refer to tentative timeline). Final competition participants will then receive further details on the clients, dates and locations.
Competition Perks & Awards
- $2,000 for winning team
- Attend a professional marketing conference
- Network with professionals and students in a growing business community
- Build tangible skills to strengthen your resume
- Gain relevant experiences for your professional background
- Participate in the AMA Triangle Mentor Program
- & more!
- Undergraduate university students in the Triangle & Piedmont
- The competition is open to the following majors:
- Public Relations
For more information or questions please contact Samantha Simunyu at firstname.lastname@example.org.