Welcome to the 2016 Triangle AMA Marketing Scholarship Competition, “Campus Hunger Ambassadors.”
Develop a marketing plan to engage and encourage college and university students to join the movement to end hunger with Stop Hunger Now. What are the best ways to incentivize and include students in a way that is meaningful to them and helps to change the world?
Scholarship Competition Statement:
Stop Hunger Now is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Our mission is to end hunger in our lifetime by providing food and life-changing aid to the world’s most vulnerable and creating a global commitment to mobilize the necessary resources. Traditionally our efforts have involved engaging people through meal packaging events, which give our volunteers the hands-on experience of changing lives. We are seeking alternative volunteer engagement tactics that don’t incur the monetary costs associated with purchasing meal packages or making donations. College and University students have the unique ability to leverage their network and stand as advocates for the movement to eradicate hunger and bring about sustainable change. We also want to engage students at a point in their lives when they can become committed to a cause and service.
Your marketing plan should answer and address the following components:
Executive summary, including a goal statement for your marketing project
- Audience analysis (overall audience, as well as any particular segment of that audience you may decide to target, and why)
- Analysis of competition and barriers to reaching audience
Creative Initiatives & Rollout Timeline:
- Creative proposal, including an outline of each creative element (examples might include video, blog post, posters, social media content, etc.)
- Editorial calendar for rollout of all creative elements and plan completion date
Outline assessments used to measure the success toward your stated goal, and the success of each creative element
The winner of the $1500 scholarship will be announced via email by January 17, 2017.
All participants will receive feedback on their proposals, whether or not they are chosen. Feedback will be designed to highlight strength areas, help you improve your proposal, and suggest ways to use the proposal in future job search efforts.
Current or newly registered undergraduate students at an accredited university or college in North Carolina.
Requirements for Consideration Required as Part of Submission:
- Please submit your plan (either as a word.doc, *.pdf) and supporting materials no later than midnight December 19, 2016 to email@example.com
- Please include on a cover page.
- Name and contact information (telephone number and email address)Current or future school
- Current year in school
- Current year of anticipated graduation
- Current GPA
- A copy of your most recent resume.
- Include your Marketing plan and supporting information of no more than 10 pages.
- One brief letter of recommendation from a professor, counselor/adviser or employer who is familiar with your interest and experience in the marketing field. No personal relationship recommendations.